Students are encouraged to build activity into their lives. Did you spend the first half of the semester figuring out the shortest route to get to class? While time-saving strategies are important for busy students, including physical activity into your day can help keep your mind sharp and your body fit.
- Consider taking a longer walk between destinations. Small detours could provide 10 minutes of activity between classes, meals and study sessions. These short exercise periods add up throughout the day and can make a big difference in helping to maintain your weight.
- In addition, consider starting an exercise program on your own or taking one of the many virtual classes offered at the IBC Recreation Center.
- The President’s Challenge
- The President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sport
- American Council on Exercise
- Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nutrition and Physical Activity
- American Heart Association Move More
- Mayo Clinic Fitness and Sports Medicine Center